Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goodbye POD!

Today was the day that our dear friend, the POD, left us. We worked our tails off for the last week to get it emptied, and the man came this morning to take it away. I tried to upload a video, but it won't work. Oh well...just imagine a big white box driving off into the distance and us waving good riddance to it, and that's what it looked like. We are NOT sorry to see it go. It has been the focus of our lives (and this blog) for weeks now, and we are sick of it!

The house is really starting to look like a home. I will upload pictures once the last box is put away. Right now, it's a little crazy around here, and messy. Soon, though, it will be lovely!

I also made a video today of Quincy in the round pen. On days when I don't have time or energy to ride, I can give him some really good exercise in the round pen. It's like lunging, without the lunge line, and he is so good at it. He knows voice commands, and he is so much fun to watch. Here he is:


We are hoping to get all our work done by this weekend, so we can relax and have a little fun. I'm dreaming of a motorcycle ride on my new Harley!! We want to go to Moss Point...a beach a little bit south of here, where they allow horses. I want to check it out and decide if I want to take Quincy there soon. He's never seen a beach or the ocean, so the first time, I probably will not ride him...I'll just walk him around to let him get used to the crashing waves and the sounds and the sights that are all new. This is a real bucket list kind of a thing for me. I always wanted to ride horses on the beach, and now, I've done that. But to do it on my OWN horse...that will be the best!

It's great living so close to Grayson again. We see him almost every day, and that is wonderful. He loves it here and he is in his element. He's working out at CrossFit, and he looks so strong and healthy. We got to watch him challenge the gym owner in a workout. The weights he lifted were all based on his body weight...and the workout did repetitions starting at 10 and working down to 1. It took him 17 minutes, a lot of sweat and a lot of great support and cheerleading from his friends at the gym, but he got through it and it was incredible. I had no idea he was so strong! I couldn't believe this was my little boy! Well...used to be my little boy, I guess.....




No comments:

Post a Comment