Saturday, May 25, 2013

Every day....what needs to be done?

Saturday morning...sitting here thinking about what needs to be done. Hayden came home last night with a friend, and I want to spend as much time with them as possible. They're napping, though, so there's time to work.

Last night I was up until 3:30 with a bad case of insomnia. I was in bed, applying for a possible job opening at Cabrillo Community College teaching Art Appreciation. The application is very extensive and I had to write what I hope is a great cover letter to grab their attention. It's so weird, to you young folks out there, to think about applying for a job while in my pj's in bed! We used to call it "pounding the pavement" and it meant literally going to job sites in person and talking to people face to face. Glad I don't have to do it that way, considering it's 3000 miles away! Anyway, wish me luck!

Yesterday, after the dump run, we went shopping at Agway for the things we need for Quincy on the trip....hydration hay, first aid kit items, extra lead rope and halter, etc... When the woman hit total, I jumped! $250!!! Yikes! A lot of it is stuff I hope I never have to use, but I need to have it just in case. The hydration hay is really cool. It's all dried and compressed into tiny flakes. You drop one into a bucket of water and it soaks it up and gets big, like those towels you can buy. It helps ensure he will get enough water into his system, in case he doesn't want to drink at our frequent stops. This is a BIG concern when traveling with horses. The really friendly woman at Agway gave me coupons for $10 off each one, which really helped. I'm also going to give him bran mashes along the way, to keep things moving, if you know what I mean. For those of you who don't know horses, this is really important, to keep him from getting colic.

Still no new home for our cats. Jake and Bittles really need your help....please think about if you know anyone who could provide a loving place for them, ok? Thanks!

I just confirmed with PODS that our POD will be delivered on Friday. Then, the fun begins. We have to see what will fit and what won't. Who knows? We might have to have a second yard sale, if we can't fit everything we want to take with us. Hope not, though...one was enough for me! We're gonna have to ship a couple of boxes of clothes out to our new house because there won't be any room in our vehicles (too many animals) and the POD won't be delivered until July 11, so if we want to wear anything other than what fits in our backpacks, we need to send it out before we leave. The choreography of this move is really tricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment