Friday, May 31, 2013


I'm sorry it's not a good picture....I was so excited to post this that I couldn't wait until daylight to shoot it. This is our POD! Everything we own has to fit into this box. It's 16x8x8'. Think we can do it? Well, if you are doubtful, you should know that we are too. So, yesterday, we called UHaul and reserved two smaller UBoxes, which are their version of PODs, just in case. We will load this one up as much as possible as quickly as possible, and then decide if we need the other one or two units. If not, we'll cancel them, which is what I'm hoping will happen, but at least, we are covered if we need more space.'

The heat here is making packing rough on us! We both hate humidity! Oh right, California is not humid! One more reason......

Things on the lists we have of things to do are getting crossed off, but we also keep adding to them at the bottom, so they are not getting any shorter. This weekend, we have dinner with friends (Carol and John), Ithaca Festival with Erik, (weather cooperating), Judy practicing driving the truck and trailer without a horse in it yet, packing the POD, doing laundry at the laundromat (because our landlord still has not fixed the dryer after over 2 weeks), going through already packed boxes to see if we can eliminate more stuff, and so much more. It'll be busy, for sure, but we're getting down to the wire, so we have to keep up the pace. The most important things are practicing driving and spending time with  our family and friends. Feel free to come visit...we may put you to work, though!

I'll write more in a day or two! Be well.....we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment