Thursday, June 13, 2013

Are you on the edge of your seats?

Hey, friends,

I was just thinking...this blog sure is lacking the thrill factor! No cliffhangers here...but maybe that's a good thing, eh? I want to write interesting things, but packing is not the most exciting experience in the world.

Our departure date is 9 days away...it's hard to believe! Today, I had the first of many, many goodbyes to get through. I had to say goodbye to my friend, Gene, who works at Kinney Drugs. I imagine today will be the last time I see him. Although he works every day, I probably won't need to go there again before we leave. So, I gave him a big hug and told him the truth: that I'll miss him and that I have treasured our friendship. Who would ever think that the guy in the drugstore would become a good friend, but is't true, and I am grateful for knowing him. Goodbye, Gene! If any of you see him, tell him I say hey, and get to know him...he's a really nice person.



No comments:

Post a Comment