Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I am so fortunate to have two amazing fathers in my life....Jeffrey, who has been so good to our beautiful children, Hayden and Grayson, and Chris, who's fathering style was what originally attracted me to him in the first place. I am blessed to have not only my birth children to show for it, but also my wonderful step children, Carla and Erik. I am one lucky mom, that's for sure! Today, Chris and Jeffrey did what few men could do....they let me get them together to celebrate Father's Day with both of them together. It may sound weird to some of you, but it meant the world to me to be able to be with both of them today. There was a third father there, as well, at least in spirit....my OWN dad, Howard Cogan. He is in my heart and mind every day, but especially today, as I remember how he pushed me, inspired me and loved me for 48 years. I might not be a great wife, but I'm a good judge of fathers, and in my husbands, I have chosen two of the best. Thank you, Jeffrey and Chris, for humoring me today, and letting me take you out to breakfast together. I really appreciate it and I'll never forget it.
We delivered Jake and Bittles to their new home on Williams Glen Road in Ithaca. All I can say is, I hope we have made a good decision. It was not quite what I expected, and I should have checked things out better than I did, so I hope and pray that they will be happy. I will check in later today and again tomorrow, and if I'm not comfortable, I will bring them back and talk to the other two women who have emailed me about wanting to take them. Send good thoughts their way, please.
Now, back to packing. Enjoy your day and spend time with your fathers if you can....either in person or in spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment