Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I've been TOO BUSY!

Hey, everybody,

I've been too busy to even write in this blog! I'm sorry...if any of you are really following, I hope I have not lost you or disappointed you.

So much is going on. We found a home for Jake and Bittles today! Yay! A girl I went to elementary school with...I guess I shouldn't call her a girl anymore....is going to take them. She has lots of land and she is happy to be getting some great hunters. It's very sad to have to leave them, but I feel so much better now that I know that she is taking them and I trust her to love and care for them. We were getting really nervous.

I've been on the job roller coaster so much lately. I currently have three applications in for great jobs, hoping to land an interview for at least one of them. I keep thinking that if I could only get an interview...then, I could win them over! I ought to be getting really good at writing cover letters. I'm getting lots of practice!

I spent today interviewing other people for an art opening at the high school, since my friend, Jocelyn, is leaving to move to Florida. It was exhausting interviewing 8 people in one day, but I have to say, it was really helpful to me. I learn so much by listening to other people answer those questions and thinking about how I would answer them. I ought to be really well prepared when it comes my turn!

Here's what the POD looks like now:
We have just about filled the first quarter of the space. We're ready to tie it off, to hold boxes in place, and start packing beyond that. We think we're gonna have plenty of space, so we canceled the 2 extra U-Boxes we had ordered a while back when we panicked about not being able to fit everything in. That's a relief, and it will save us a ton of money, which is always good, right?

These two guys wanted to come to California with us, but I had to say no. After I took their pictures, I captured them in a cup and put them outside.

They are very pretty, but I think they should stay in New York, with their families, don't you?

Later, taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment