Tonight, I sold my motorcycle, Black Lightning! I'll miss him...he's been a great first bike for me, but I have a new one: a Harley Sportster Iron, waiting for me out in California. It's the bike I've been coveting for the last 5 years or so. Can't wait to ride it! The woman who bought Lightning is just learning, and I wish her lots of fun and safe riding!
We also found a home for our cats, Jake and Bittles. They will be moving to New Hope (right down the road from the pancake factory!) to live on a dairy farm with 7 other cats, 2 horses, geese, cows and who knows what else. The next door neighbors have 9 (yes, 9!!!) little girls under the age of 10 who like to come over to play with the cats and dress them up in dolly clothes. Not sure how Jake and Bittles will feel about that....they are pretty tolerant, though, so maybe it will be a good thing.
The next two weeks are all about more packing and spending time with family and friends as much as possible. My barn friends already had a party for me and Jeff hosted a really nice get together with our high school friends.
Tomorrow, I will take the horse trailer in to the dealer for a check up of brakes, lights, and camera, before we head out. The camera has night vision, so I'll even be able to watch Quincy in the dark!
Then, on Sunday, I'll be taking Quincy for his first ride in it...over to Stoneybrook Farm, to watch some of my students in a show and to get some practice driving the trailer with a real, live horse in it. Wish me luck! Hang on, Q!!! I promise to go slower than I do in my car.
Until next time! We love you all!
Judy and Chris

No comments:
Post a Comment